Many of our sections will continue on using Zoom as well as meet in person. Please contact our VP of Sections Katie Vigeant with any ideas for new sections. The SUWC will provide support for a Zoom account if your idea is approved.
If you wish to attend any one of our Club’s functions and you do not have way to get there, please contact either Ronna Widrow or Linda Kraemer. They will always try to find a ride for you!
- Author’s Coffee. Visiting authors join us to discuss their work.
- Bollybhangra. A weekly exercise/dance group.
- Book Group. A monthly book discussion group.
- Cuisine Club. A monthly group where members prepare delicious lunches and gourmet dishes.
- Ecolit Hiking Group Biannual hike and discussion of “ecoliterature.”
- Explore the Campus. A monthly exploration of a campus site.
- French Conversation. A weekly gathering to discuss French politics, history, etc., in French!
- French Literature. A monthly book club that discusses a French book in French.
- German Conversation. A bi-monthly gathering for German conversation.
- Great Decisions. Vibrant study group exploring hot foreign policy and world affairs.
- Meditation. A weekly session for meditation instruction in the Buddhist tradition.
- Movie Club. A monthly viewing and discussion of a movie at a local theater.
- Music. An opportunity to share your love of music at special musical presentations.
- Personal Writing Workshop. Share memories or experiences through writing.
- ¡Un Cafecito! Hola! A gathering for Spanish conversation.
- Visual Arts Forum. A group that attends exceptional events focused on the visual arts.
|2021-2022 SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE|
|AUTHOR’S COFFEE||3rd Thursday, 1:30 pm||Teresa Judd, Mary Anne Kochenderfer|
|BOLLYBHANGRA||Wednesdays, 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm||Reshma Singh|
|Book GROUP (DAY)||2nd Monday, 1:00-3:00 pm||Kathryn Spitzer Kim, Suzie Lincoln|
|BOOK GROUP (EVE)||2nd Monday, 7:00 pm – 9 pm||Allyn Taylor|
|CUISINE CLUB||2nd Tuesday, in person at 12:30 pm, or Zoom at 1 pm||Diane Levin|
|ECOLIT HIKING GROUP||Biannual TBA||Jody Foster|
|EXPLORE THE CAMPUS||1st or 2nd Friday, 1:30 pm (usually)||Ruth Cronkite, Deanna Mann|
|FRENCH CONVERS.||Wednesdays, 10:00 am – 11:00 am||Karen Hohner, Danièle Archambault,|
|FRENCH LITERATURE||1st Monday, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm||Danièle Archambault|
|GERMAN CONVERS.||1st and 3rd Monday, 1:00 pm||Karen Hohner|
|GREAT DECISIONS||2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm||Meredith Einaudi, Antonia Fore|
|MEDITATION||Wednesdays 2:00 pm-3:15pm||Grace J. Schireson|
|MOVIE CLUB||1st Tuesday, 1:00 pm||Kelly Zhang Steele|
|MUSIC GROUP||3rd Wednesday, 1:30 pm (usually)||Trudy Roughgarden|
|PERSONAL WRITING WORKSHOP||2nd Wednesday, 4pm||Jody Foster|
|¡UN CAFECITO!||2nd Wednesday, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm||Ann Pianetta|
|VISUAL ARTS FORUM||3rd Wednesday, 4:00 pm||Jody Foster, Theresa Chung, Amy Krehbiel|