Many of our sections will continue on using Zoom. We encourage you to suggest ideas for any Zoom groups you would like to start. Please contact our VP of Sections Katie Vigeant with any ideas for new sections. The SUWC will provide support for a Zoom account if your idea is approved.
- Author’s Coffee. Visiting authors join us to discuss their work.
- Bollybhangra. A weekly exercise/dance group.
- Book Group. A monthly book discussion group.
- Cuisine Club. A monthly group where members prepare delicious lunches and gourmet dishes.
- Ecolit Hiking Group A non-regular-basis (every 4-6 weeks) hike and discussion of “ecoliterature.”
- Explore the Campus. A monthly exploration of a campus site.
- French Conversation. A weekly gathering to discuss French politics, history, etc., in French!
- French Literature. A monthly book club that discusses a French book in French.
- German Conversation. A bi-monthly gathering for German conversation.
- Great Decisions. Vibrant study group exploring hot foreign policy and world affairs.
- Meditation. A weekly session for meditation instruction in the Buddhist tradition.
- Movie Club. A monthly viewing and discussion of a movie at a local theater.
- Music. An opportunity to share your love of music at special musical presentations.
- ¡Un Cafecito! Hola! A gathering for Spanish conversation.
- Visual Arts Forum. A group that attends exceptional events focused on the visual arts.
|2020-2021 SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE|
|AUTHOR’S COFFEE||3rd Thursday, 1:30 pm||Teresa Judd|
|BOLLYBHANGRA||Wednesdays, 6:30 – 7:30 pm||Reshma Singh|
|Book GROUP (DAY)||2nd Monday, 1:00-3:00 pm||Suzie Lincoln, Kathryn Spitzer Kim|
|BOOK GROUP (EVE)||2nd Monday, 7:00 pm – 9 pm||Debbie Shepherd, Allyn Taylor|
|CUISINE CLUB||2nd Tuesday, 1:00 pm||Diane Levin|
|ECOLIT HIKING GROUP||Irregularly held and scheduled due to COVID||Jody Foster|
|EXPLORE THE CAMPUS||1st or 2nd Friday, 1:30 pm (usually)||Deanna Mann, Ruth Cronkite|
|FRENCH CONVERS.||Wednesdays, 10:00 am – 11:00 am||Karen Hohner, Danièle Archambault|
|FRENCH LITERATURE||1st Monday, 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm||Danièle Archambault|
|GERMAN CONVERS.||1st and 3rd Monday, 1:00 pm||Brigitte Turneaure|
|GREAT DECISIONS||Tuesdays 7:30 pm – 9:00 pm (See GD page)||Meredith Einaudi, Antonia Fore|
|MEDITATION||Wednesdays, 2:00 pm||Grace J. Schireson|
|MOVIE CLUB||1st Tuesday, 1:00 pm||Kelly Steele|
|MUSIC||3rd Wednesday, 1:30 pm (usually)||Trudy Roughgarden|
|¡UN CAFECITO!||On hiatus for one year||Ann Pianetta|
|VISUAL ARTS FORUM||3rd Wednesday, 4:00 pm||Jody Foster, Debbie Shepherd|